More about our Mission, Model, and Team
- Hope Haven West is a non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to providing mobility to the disabled poor in developing countries around the world.
- Our distributions are focused primarily in South and Central America and Mexico.
- We accept donations of equipment, time or money.
- Hope Haven West is a 100% model. We don't pay salaries. We don't pay any kind of administrative expenses.
- There's no advertising or promotional expenses.
- All administrative and fund raising costs are paid by private benefactors.
- 100% of everything we collect goes to help kids and adults in the developing world discover mobility.
- Our volunteers collect used and discarded wheelchairs, refurbish them, and prepare them for distribution. In addition, we also distribute newly manufactured pediatric wheel chairs.
- Volunteer teams (who pay all their own expenses) travel to the host country to provide seating clinics. The clinics include appropriate seating options, and are supervised and directed by professional seating specialists.